May Supervisors Meeting
The Supervisors meeting will be held on Tuesday May 4, 2021 starting at 6:30pm and will be held virtually.
2021 Spring Clean Up
Southside Nature Park Updates
Work for the week of April 26th. Contractor will be working on storm water drainage and site work. Building the stairway in the stacked stone wall and installing curbs.
Road Department Salt Shed Project
A new salt shed for Road Department winter maintenance operations has been in planning and design since 2018. Project went out for bid in 2020 and site work started in February. Project bid was $368,551.00. The Township applied for DCED/LSA gaming grant monies for construction and was awarded $310,500.00. Dallas Area Municipal Authority Stormwater Management Program will also be participating in a cost sharing Stormwater improvement project for the site. The new salt shed will hold over 1,200 tons of salt. The new shed will be replacing the current shed that is over 40 years old and holds 90 tons. Updates will be given throughout the project with an anticipated completion being summer 2021.
Current Township Operations
THE DALLAS TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL BUILDING, POLICE STATION AND ROAD DEPARTMENT GARAGES ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THE OFFICES ARE OPEN TO TOWNSHIP STAFF ONLY. TO MEET WITH ADMINISTRATION, ZONING/CODE ENFORCEMENT, TAX COLLECTOR, POLICE AND ROAD DEPARTMENTS YOU MUST SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT. YOU CAN CALL THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS TO MAKE APPOINTMENTS.
- Administration, Zoning/Code Enforcement and Tax Collector Call 570-674-2000
- Police Non-Emergency Call 570-674-2003
- Road Department Call 570-674-2006
- Drop boxes are at the Administration Building Front entrance vestibule to drop off mail, Permit Applications and to pick up Permits.
- Building, Zoning, Driveway and Pave Cut Permits can be found on the Township Web Site At www.dallastwp.org
- Tax Payments Will Be Accepted by Mail Only with a Check or Money Order Until Further Notice. Send a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope to have Stamped Receipt Returned.
- Composting Site at road department Site is Closed to the Public at this time. Brush, Leaves and grass will not be Accepted at this Time.
Please Call 570-674-2000 If You Have Any Further Questions or If You Need Non-Emergency Assistance. You May Also Email Us at email@example.com
Sale of the Overbrook Water Company
The sale and transfer of the Overbrook Water Company to SUEZ Water of Pennsylvania was completed on December 29, 2020. SUEZ Water has informed the Township and permit applications have been received for improvement work to start on January 7, 2021. Work will start at the intersection of Pioneer Ave. and Druid Hills Drive and new water mains will be installed to Overbrook Ave. Overbrook Road, Yeager Ave. and Warren Drive. New water main, services lines to residents and fire hydrants are schedule for the first phase of improvements. Work on Yeager Ave. is schedule to start the week of January 18th, weather permitting. SUEZ Water of Pennsylvania will keep residents of the Overbrook water system updated.
SUEZ is hosting a Virtual Welcome Session, please click the Picture below for more information:
To best view this website please use one of the following Web Browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge.
725,550 total views, 39 views today