The mission of the Dallas Township Police Department is to provide leadership to promote individual responsibility and a commitment to improving the community’s quality of life through crime control and public safety while serving all people with fairness and respect.
The Dallas Township Police Department works collaboratively with members of the community in order to improve and enhance the richness of our quality of life consistent with the following principles:
- Respect for human rights.
- Economic well-being.
- Reduction of crime and disorder.
- Employee personal and professional well-being.
- Community safety.
- High standards for excellence and continuous improvement.
How we work to achieve our mission and the degree of our success depends upon our values. Values are statements of the standards and beliefs that are the most important to the employees of the department and our community in achieving our mission.
Following are the base line values of the department.
- We believe the police and the community share in the responsibility for crime control and public safety, and that the role of the police is defined by the community it serves.
- We subscribe to the principle that services will be delivered in a manner which preserves and upholds democratic values within our community.
- We are committed to maintaining the highest level of quality service, integrity and professionalism in everything we do, and our capability to achieve is determined by the diversity and quality of our work force.
- We accept the responsibility to react to criminal activity in a way that emphasizes prevention and which is marked by vigorous law enforcement.
- We recognize and support the principle that the public has a right to be informed about police operations.
- We believe in working collaboratively with neighborhoods and community groups to better understand the nature of their problems and to develop meaningful and cooperative strategies to address them.
- We are committed to managing the public’s resources in the most efficient manner possible.
- We are committed to the belief that no person’s claim to dignity and civil rights is any less than another’s claim, and that neither age, social status, race nor even deviant conduct diminishes entitlement to decent treatment and respect.
- We recognize our members to be the greatest and most important asset of the department, and that only through mutual respect, cooperation and teamwork can the community be best served.
156 total views, 2 views today